Distance Learning and Google Classroom
Since teachers aren’t currently able to sit right in front of their students to conduct Guided Reading groups, some adjustments need to be made. If you own my Digital Guided Reading Passages packs, you may want to break up the passages into each individual passage to assign one at a time to your students.
By doing this, your students won’t try to race through each passage, hurrying on to the next, without you being able to stop them. This way they will instead just be focusing on one passage at a time.
One Passage at a Time
Follow the steps below to pull out one passage at a time. Once you’ve done this, you can then assign the passages, one at a time, to students. Please also see the images below the steps to help you set it up. You can also view the video where I walk you through how to do each step.
- Make a copy of the original document. (This is what you do when you first click the link.)
- Select the pages you want to share out (So, all the pages in one passage and the interactive comprehension page that goes with it.) This can be done by holding the shift key and click each slide you want included.
- Then go to File, Make a Copy, Selected Slides
- Name the file the name of that passage/however you want to name it.
- Then your new Google Slides presentation will open in a new tab. You can then share just that passage out to your students.
Keep Students Reading
The main goal is of course to simply keep students reading. I hope these passages, broken down to one passage at a time or as the full set, help your students do just that. If you haven’t checked out my digital passages yet, you can look at them here!