Well November sure is moving right along here…which of course meant I had to break out my Thanksgiving centers already this week! Check out what we were up to this week…
1. I realized that I don’t have very many Thanksgiving books- these are seriously the only two I have, but thankfully I have lots of Fall themed books to read throughout November. I will also be looking into Scholastic to add some more Thanksgiving ones to my library very soon!
2. I broke out my Thanksgiving centers right away this week to get my little friends practicing their usual skills with a new theme. Our Thanksgiving literacy centers this week included:
3. My little friends loved this Tell the Turkey graphic organizer that we filled out after our read alouds this week. Since we’ve done it together now, I’ll add it into our reading response graphic organizers in the upcoming weeks. My little friends got a good giggle out of the idea that they were ‘telling the turkey’ about our story.
4. I don’t know about in your house, but there has been a lot of football watching going on and I’ve been bringing football into my classroom too to get my little friends excited about sight words! My students have been so motivated by the football theme and I’m loving their current excitement for sight words during this loooong football season. 🙂
My little friends LOVE filling in their color chart. I check 1-2x a month to make sure they are making progress with their words and they get so very excited to color in new boxes each time!
5. I am so excited to be starting our 3 day weekend– we have Monday off in honor of Veteran’s Day…is anyone else so lucky as well?? I’m looking forward to a weekend of relaxing, hanging out with family and probably getting some things done too! 🙂