We are so happy that we received the Liebster Award from our blogging friend Kathy O. at Third Grade Doodles! Thanks so much for thinking of us!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
11 Random Things about Amanda and Aylin:
1. We’ve been teaching together for 4 years!
2. We both ran our 1st marathons in the last year and a half.
3. We randomly ended up in the same graduate courses our first year teaching together without realizing it till the day the classes began (which was super exciting!).
4. We are both OBSESSED with Pinterest and teaching blogs!
5. Aylin went on a 5 week roadtrip this summer with her husband. It was her first roadtrip EVER….and she ended up loving it!
6. Aylin has 3 older sisters.
7. Aylin has the cutest niece in the world who she loves a whole lot!
8.Amanda’s birthday is on New Year’s Eve which always makes for a fun birthday celebration
9. Amanda has one niece, Isabella, who she absolutely adores!
10. Amanda met her husband in college at DePauw University. This is the same place her parents, cousins, uncle, grandfather, great aunt and uncle attended college as well.
11. Before Amanda became a teacher she worked as a swim instructor, swim coach, life guard and waitress during her summers!
11 Questions that we were asked:
1. What is a recipe that you are famous for making?
Amanda- cheesy egg casserole (it was one of my favorites as a kid and now I love making it for others!
Aylin- Orzo feta zucchini salad- this is mainly for summer, but I am happy to eat and make it all year long!
2. Why did you start a blog?
We started this blog because we love looking at all the other teacher blogs out there that have helped us so much in our classrooms and we wanted to give back to the blogging community by sharing our ideas as well!
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
Aylin- Reading (Couldn’t put down anything else seeing I’m a Reading Specialist!)
4. What is a favorite website that you use with your students?
Aylin- I love any bulletin boards that involve books, so my favorite is when we make a bulletin board that shows all the books we’ve read together as a class!
9. Who is your favorite music artist?
Amanda-I LOVE country music…although I might say someone different tomorrow today it is Pat Green!
Aylin- Bruce Springsteen- I’ve seen him in concert a few times and I could listen to his music all day!
10. What is your morning poison? (i.e., coffee, tea, sugar, etc.).
Amanda-Tea with a little bit of milk and sweet and low
Aylin- orange juice (The reason I don’t need any caffeine (so far) is because I cannot seem to stay awake past 9 PM most nights, so I thankfully get an average of 8 hours of sleep a night!)
11. If money were no object, what one thing would you buy for yourself? For your classroom?
Amanda-I have to agree with Aylin-I would buy a trip for my family to all go somewhere together! Even the tought of it makes me smile!! For my classroom I would buy more leveled books to help my beginning readers be able to practice their reading skills!
Aylin- I would buy a trip for my husband and myself because I LOVE to travel! I would buy a whole lot more books for my classroom…I have a ton already, but I just LOVE children’s books!
11 Questions for Blogs we Nominated:
1. What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
2. What do you pack for your school lunch every day?
3. Does your school district do year-round schooling? If not, would you want to be part of a year-round school schedule? How come?
4. What is your favorite winter soup to eat?
5. When do you catch up on other teaching blogs? Before the school day begins, the weekend, etc.
6. When was your last vacation? Where did you go?
7. What holiday movie will you most likely watch over winter break?
8. What are your top 3 TV shows that you watch/DVR each week?
9. When did you join the blogging world as a blogger and what do you like most about having a blog?
10. What is your favorite activity to do with your students?
11. What kind of technology do you have available to you at your school?
11 Blogs we Love:
(We tried really hard to find blogs that do not have the Liebster Award yet, but if you already do and we nominated you, sorry, but please just know that we appreciate your blog!)